Friday, November 03, 2006

Handling People

"To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart". I loved this leadership passage! But how relevant is this cliche in this day and age? Lets examine...

Historically, we are plagued by leaders, business or otherwise, who have stormed the world by their dogged determination, perilous pursuits, vivacious visions and extraordinary charm and charisma. They however fall as fast as they rise.

Paradox? Maybe. Maybe not.

Today, as we move towards a more informed workforce, we are soon becoming creatures of high-tech slavery! Slavery that we lost person to person conversation. We lost touch. We lost our ability to thank people for small favors we ask. We become aliens to our human counterparts. Its becoming too impersonal.

Ask anybody what they think is the best leader they have came across. Without batting an eyelash, most will tell you it is those individuals whom they have built connections with. Connections which can only be discerned by the heart.

I don't know about you but, as for me, I better get this post done in order for me to apply this principle-and fast-before I lose my people to someone else. Cheers!

Comments please..

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com