Monday, May 18, 2015

97th - Biting off more than what one can chew




A mouthful...but I fault myself for this behavior too. Not sure if I can get this changed at this stage of my life but then again, realization is the first step to change.

My youngest son observes me as being the guy who likes to overdo. Rightfully so. All my life I have been trained if you will to prove myself. Grew up in an environment of lack. Molded in a society close to the streets. Made friends with the lowest (not wildest) end of the social strata. Yet was able to hold on to my core.

Not perfect. But I beleive all these experiences made me who I am today. I may bite and chew more than I could chew here and there, But hey, if life is a journey, then Im enjoying every bit as I learn more of it everyday.

Never a dull moment!

Bite Off More than You Can Chew” is an idiom which means to do something much more than one can manage. It also indicates taking up some task that is too difficult. The idiom “Bite Off More than You Can Chew” is frequently used in the English language as in their day to daylife, people often try to do more than they can handle and regret biting of more than they could chew. In fact people are all the time taking on too much responsibility with a bid to achieve success or an approving nod from their superiors. When you bite off more than you can chewyou are probably overdoing it as you juggle with the various seemingly manageable tasks but soon realize the difficulty of it all.


97th Put not another bit into your Mouth til the former be Swallowed let not your Morsels be too big for the Gowls.

1 comment:

Avril said...

Aren't most of us guilty of taking on too much than what we can handle? Seemingly chasing time, each for a different reason?
Some would argue that this habit can wreck havoc on our well-being but this is what i personally have to reckon. How can a person know his range if he doesn't push himself beyond what he thinks possible and feels comfortable with?In my own thoughts, to take this challenge spells the difference between living and merely existing.Of course, we all have to concede at one point. But it doesn't mean giving up.It means accepting that challenges are not always meant to be won.Sometimes they need to be ended. In both ways, we pick up critical life lessons that define our person.
Life is short and we have to live it well. Part of living well is enjoying the journey,no matter how bumpy the ride gets. Now, did i just paraphrase what the author said?Maybe i just did,only because i could not agree more.

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com