Monday, May 04, 2015

102 - Peer Pressure

I herald in this.

I don't know when, but ever since I started to shoulder more responsibilities, my lunch companion has dwindled. Don't really know if it comes with responsibility or authority. I'm certain that as one 'rises up' the corporate ladder, there appears to be fewer 'friends' on top.

This I learned the hard way. The proverbial rising up the top of the heap only to find out its 'lonely up there' is never more true! And getting along with topnotch somehow has made me realize that I have to learn more about culture, grace and manners further.

The hard question is - if one tries to 'adapt' to someone else's culture, would one loses his own? Case in point - to this day I still see people (even nobility) of Indian descent using their bare hands to eat. And call it hygeine or something else, Im sure medical folks disdain at the way of life. The only thing is more Caucasian folks die of cancer disease than Indian folks catching bacteria in the process.

What does table manners, peers and good company, do with this life rule?  In my own humble opinion, GW simply is trying to point out to be observant, and respectful of ones manners especially when surrounded with people who will analyze everything you do and say.

Stiff as one may be, but a watchful eye and sensitive ear could be your only companion in handling people from all walks of life, friends and foes alike.

Not sure if this make sense. But still, want to stir ones thoughts...


102ndIt is out of use to call upon the company often to eat; nor need you drink to others every time you drink.

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com