Friday, April 17, 2015

Trials of many kinds...

I don't know about you but I've been thru hell and back this week.

Consider this - a close friend's kid is diagnosed with cancerous cells engulfing the teens frail body. And the friend is at its wit end from all angles (emotionally and financially). In a span of a week, the family's fate hangs in the balance. Seeing them go thru this wrecks me as well. I wish I could do more.

I want to remind myself though lest I forget that this journey called life is littered with trials, testing and tribulations. And that life is indeed a series of problems. We just came from one, were undergoing one and we will face one in the future. Having the proper mindset will spell victory from defeat.

I remember scripture which says in James: Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. "

Often its easy to spew these words to someone who's into heavy dose of bombardment from all angles. But when spoken with love, I believe it will make a huge difference in their lives. Of course, count on our Maker to make his move. And there you go - perfect antidote for the perfect storm.




No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com