Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good vs Bad Leaders

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" said once cliche. Some call it tough love. Some filial piety. Still others call it paternal/maternal concern. Great Leaders care for their flock. Big sacrifice.

And all along, many leadership books tend to overlook basic and fundamental tenets of leadership. One that always pop up any list is the criteria to judge good vs bad leader.

From my research, here's a rough one I compiled...Read along:

Good leaders:
=============
1. Inspire confidence
2. Were humble
3. Had integrity and character
4. Knew what they were talking about
5. Let me get on with things
6. Were always there when I needed help
7. Usually said, ‘Yes, try it.’”
8. Gets out of the way.
9. Objective
10.Self effacing.

The worst leaders are:
=====================
1. Never seemed to be around when I needed them
2. Always asked me to justify what I wanted to do
3. Always wanted to know what I was doing
4. Often said ‘no, we can’t do that’
5. Gave the impression of being distrustful
6. Didn’t smile much
7. Talked about themselves a lot.”
8. Bully
9. Proud and Arrogant
10.Short term focus

Agree? Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com