Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Finishing Well as a Leader

I can't remember where I read this book title. But it must have stuck well to my head I remember it still.

Most of us know the Great King Solomon. A one of a kind leader who once brought glory and political stability in an otherwise unfriendly world political and economic landscape.

If there was a UN in his day and age, he can very well be considered the first UN Secretary General bar none. Even more, he was once reputed to be the wisest and wealthiest. But that is in the eyes of men.

In the eyes of his Creator, his legacy is a big fat zero. Why? Because he fatally failed in a critical facet of his life. That is to pursue personal devotion and allegiance to his Maker.

If one if fond in marathon, it is like saying he started great. But he finished his race to life in a disaster. Moral of the story: we can start right but can we END right?

Thoughts anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yeah, the government are just so naive in the form of MC04.

Do send me your bro's CV. I might have some place for him back at my old company.

cheers,
Richard

http://rrelos.net/techblog

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com