Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Hometown

I am getting nostalgic as of late as my wife and kids make mental preparations to go back to my hometown in 3 weeks time. I am reminded of where I came from, and what this means to me.

Having this 1 day break from work-family-ministry (not in that order of course) life cycle allows me to somehow reflect on where am I and where I am heading in the journey called LIFE.

For one thing, being introduced to the life changing principles of Christ and HIS WORD is the foundation of everything I do now. Serving in a church ministry together with tireless leaders who have unshakable commitment and deep faith to the living GOD is something I cannot thank GOD more than enough.

I also remember the work organization that I belong to for honing my leadership and managerial skills in a top notch global environment. One lesson I learned is that no matter how diverse a global culture we live in, deep inside our being, we all long for the same basic human need - the desire to be loved (recognized), cared for, nurtured and led.

But in all these, I shall always be indebted for the free education in a public institution that has shaped and molded me during my formative years. I know I shall one day give back to the many nameless and faceless Juan de la cruz folks who toiled so hard to earn a penny so I could enjoy a free and world class education.

And even if I am out of my homeland for many years, and no matter where my job and where I will be in the future, I shall always be 100% Filipino and 100% Servant leader of a Living GOD!

My prayer is that I live up to what my founding fathers have sacrificed their lives for. After all, one martyr once said " The Filipino is worth dying for".

May I carry the message for the benefit of the next generations to come. Mabuhay Ka Pinoy!

Lyrics from Ako ay Pilipino

=================

Ako ay Pilipino

Ang dugo’y maharlika

Likas sa aking puso

Adhikaing kay ganda

Sa Pilipinas na aking bayan

Lantay na Perlas ng Silanganan

Wari’y natipon ang kayamanan mg maykapal

Bigay sa ‘king talino

Sa mabuti lang laan

Sa aking katutubo

Ang maging mapagmahal

Ako ay Pilipino

Ako ay Pilipino

Isang Bansa, sang diwa

Ang minimithi ko

Sa bayan ko’t bandila

laan buhay ko’t diwa

Ako ay Pilipino

Pilipinong totoo

Ako ay Pilipino

Ako ay Pilipino

Taas noo, kahit kanino

Ang Pilipino ay …Ako


No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com