Saturday, October 18, 2008

MIKE KRZYZEWSKI and Leadership




I must admit. I am a basketball nut. And what better way to unleash this passion that to share you my recollection from MIKE KRZYZEWSKI - the winningest coach in America today.

What his recent accomplishment? Well, he just happen to be the coach of the 2008 Redeem team of USA basketball who won GOLD for the USA.

Here are some thought-provoking and wisdom-laden principles from Coach K!

1. ADJUST! - Yes. If you are coaching, adjust your style based on 'current situations, players and conditions'. Some leadership or business books label this as situational leadership.

2. MOTIVATE! The 4 most important WORDS according to him are - "I BELIEVE IN YOU".

3. DISCIPLINE and Trust: without which any team can falter. Like the proverbial cliche, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going!

And I would end by sharing this quote from Mike "A basketball team is like the five fingers on your hand. If you can get them all together, you have a fist. That's how I want you to play. ".

Thoughts?

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com