Sunday, October 19, 2008

Leadership - More Coach K Quote


I just can't help but quote some of Mike's words of wisdom as we explore leadership.


1. "Everybody wants to take responsibility when you win, but when you fail, all these fingers are pointing."

2. "I always won in my imagination. I always hit the game-winning shot, or I hit the free throw. Or if I missed, there was a lane violation, and I was given another one. "

3. " I have a rule on my team: when we talk to one another, we look each other right in the eye, because I think it's tough to lie to somebody. You give respect to somebody. "

4. " Imagination has a great deal to do with winning. "

5. " In high school, in sport, I had a coach who told me I was much better than I thought I was, and would make me do more in a positive sense. He was the first person who taught me not to be afraid of failure. "

6. " The life expectancy of a team is about eight months. Then the next year, it's a whole new team. "

7. " The thing I loved the most - and still love the most about teaching - is that you can connect with an individual or a group, and see that individual or group exceed their limits. "

8. "The truth is that many people set rules to keep from making decisions. "

9. " The person who has inspired me my whole life is my Mom, because she taught me commitment. She sacrificed. "

10. " To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless. "

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com