Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Leadership Losses

Today, two colleagues of mine, both of whom are pillars and strong leaders in their own right, left the company. As I reflect on their many contributions, I came across Mark Twain's quotes. For reflective purposes, I took the liberty of posting them here...Read on!

1. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

3. “Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth.”

4. "People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and the life you live. Let them... you affected their lives, they didn't affect yours

And as I personally reflect on my own career path, I thought hard on what matters most in my journey. Questions such as " what would people remember of my leadership legacy when I leave?

Changes as these forces you to reconcile your thoughts, think hard on the near, medium and long term, refocus once goals and be thankful for the past blessings from up above! Solomon is ever right - nothing new under the sun!

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com