Monday, June 25, 2007

Basketball and Leadership

Today, another milestone is about to take place in our family!

My eldest son has finally become so passionate about basketball! (Reminds me of myself and my younger kid brother who were as enthusiastic as he is now). My younger one is closely following the footsteps of his older sibling.

And to support their passions, I have indulged myself in re-visiting the sport I once loved, relearn the tricks of the trader, in the hope of imparting to them as much experience I have. Obviously goal is to make them the best players and leaders for tomorrow.

Not to mention, I have had the exhilirating opportunity to bond with my 2 boys like no other. Hence, I came up with this "10 Commandments in Basketball: Life Skills and Leadership skills" philosophy I will follow up as they grow old.

1.If you trip over;
Teaches you persistence

2.If you face bigger opponents;
Teaches you Bravery

3. If you have attempts blocked;
Teaches you Perseverance

4. If you have attempts made;
Teaches you Humility/Success

5.If you train hard;
Teaches you Discipline

6. If you Assist;
Teaches you group dynamics

7. If you play in a team Position
Teaches you Role playing/Leader

9. Finally, if you master the overall game
Teaches you how to become better manager, coach

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com