Monday, September 15, 2008

Legacy



Help! Please comment!

What do you see in your dad do everyday? This is the question I asked my youngest son as we were about to go for our regular 1 on 1 session.

My dad is...
1. Working (office)
2. Writing (homework/study)
3. Chatting with business friends ( Telecons)
4. Typing (working on line thru my laptop/blacbkerry)
5. Reading

If this the kind of 'daily chore' that a son sees in his father, then fast forward 15 yrs down the line, questions are:

A. What memories would the son have on his father?
B. What kind of job would the son hold in the future?
C. What type of lifestyle would the son find enjoyment and satisfaction?
D. What life lessons would the father impart on his son?
E. Most importantly, what legacy will the father leave behind for his son?

Help!!!

2 comments:

Jc Boa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jc Boa said...

hmmm. tough question for me I guess. I never really had a good memories with our dad. I always picture a best-friend kinda type. A dad who would ask me to go fishing, drive around and we would talk about me growing up. A dad who would ask me out for a bottle or two of beer and we would just talk about anything as a young adult. That he would ask about my girlfriend and how were doing.Oh well, I guess i am too being idealistic or something.. SO in your case, just make your kids feel that they are your highest priorities. That what matters in the world for you is them. Find time to enjoy an entire day just being together. Which I always wanted to try when I was still a kid. And don't, don't rush things up with them growing up. They might end up overwhelmed and when they reached their twenties, marerealize nila na, "Hindi ko pala na-enjoy being a KID"...

cheers.. : )

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com