Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tell me who your friends are...

Have you heard of the old cliche which goes "Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are"? ..

I have proven this to be true once more. Why? Well, I have been fortunate to be part of a task force to complete a long-overdue project. The place happens in our socio-religous group I belong to.

Often, I have observed that things get done by tapping on this inner circle of friends or going with the unbreakable close-knit ties of friends. It worked!

The best part are the indelible memories which made our journey as leaders and friends all the more memorable. This experience reminded me of a favorite quote...


===========================================
First, I was dying to finish my high school and start college.
And then I was dying to finish college and start working.
Then I was dying to marry and have children.
And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to work.
But then i was dying to retire.
And now I’m dying …. and suddenly I realized I forgot to live.
- Anonymous
============================================

Lee Iacocca said-"If there are 5 people who went to your funeral, then you have lived a fruitful life"

I guess I have aleady made past his counting. Well, thus far I have amassed 7 (2 couples + my wife and kids!!!). Good enough!

Of course...I am my friends!

No comments:

NEW WORDPRESS SITE

This blog has moved to this site... https://wordpress.com/home/pastoratwork2.wordpress.com